Monday, March 30, 2009

A Prayer

Father God,


Help me to live intentionally, particularly when it comes to what I read, watch, and listen to on a consistent basis. Guide me to allow into my soul only those words, sounds, and images that support who you want me to become. Reveal to me the role I must play in guarding the door of my heart. Keep me from becoming careless about the inputs of each day and the effect my environment has on my potential. Because I soak up my surroundings, show me if I have any current exposures that are not pleasing to you, and lead me to make changes so I can experience your presence in a deeper and fuller way.


Inspire me, hour by hour, to fill my mind with everything good. Remind me that everything counts, and that what I sow, I sooner or later will certainly reap.


In Jesus' name,


Amen




I wish I could say that I was eloquent enough with words to have come up with this prayer, but I did not. It comes from "The 4:8 Principle" written by Tommy Newberry. I hope to make this prayer one of many daily submissions to Jesus, and I hope I can make those changes to experience His presence in a deeper and fuller way.

No comments: