Monday, February 23, 2009

This is not a sob story

I was riding my bike down a grassy hill this evening in the dark. I saw the stump the instant before I SLAMMED into it and almost flipped over the handlebars but I wasn't going fast enough. Tire popped and I thought that was the only thing I messed up. I changed the tire and everything, then after further inspection of the bike in the light, I saw this:




and this:




It looks like a really slight bend in the fork at the crown, but I have heard that if the fork's bent at the crown then its pretty tough to bend back. I don't want to risk trying that, and the headset might be shot too. I will probably end up buying a new frame, which really stinks because I loved this frame and I literally just got it 2 months ago. Needless to say, I have definitely learned my lesson to not ride in the dark (especially in grass) without a light that helps me see better.

Welcoming any donations to the "Adam's New Bike Frame Fund".   :)

No comments: