Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Translation please

First off, I just discovered a great website called YouVersion. It's not just an online Bible reader, there are many forums and biblical discussions about different topics and scriptures. I love it so far!

My two bibles - English Standard Version (ESV) and New Living Translation (NLT). I usually use the NLT version as an "easy reader" just because the language is slightly more modern in comparison to the ESV. I do love the ESV though, there are some pretty powerful words this translation uses. The thing is, I have heard so many things about how translations such as NLT and "The Message" could possibly distort the actual meaning of the verses because the words are changed around so much. Anyway, just a random thought I had. What do you think about the different Bible translations?

Sorry this was probably one of the most boring blogs you have ever read. If anyone read it...

No comments: